Indeed, you will not meet another such in any store – a handmade candle encased in porcelain is a work of art in and of itself. Soy candles can cost several dozen zlotys. You can save money – make them yourself without even buying a container: use the cup. This idea is trendy, practical, and very economical.
If you like all DIY challenges, create an original, beautiful, vegan candle, as if taken out of a fairy tale about Alice in Wonderland. Handmade soy candles have numerous advantages :
- soy wax is easy to remove, and, e.g., paraffin wax stains are challenging to clean,
- they burn longer than classic paraffin candles,
- do not emit harmful substances,
- they smell beautiful,
- are easy to make.
Using a cup as a candle holder is a great idea: such a candle will look elegant and luxurious. If you like the glamor style, you will surely enjoy the set of glasses with a golden rim from Gomla.
To make a soybean candle in a cup, you will need:
- Approx. 100-120 g of soy wax per 100 ml candle,
- cotton wick,
- essential oil,
- two long toothpicks,
- a cup (preferably with a saucer),
- A pot to warm the wax.
DIY cup candle:
- Heat the soy wax in a water bath (max 50 ° C).
- Glue the wicks on the bottom of a cup of glass candle dishes. Use wax for this. Hold the ends of the wicks between the toothpicks to prevent them from sinking into the wax.
- R ozpuszczony wax, pour into a cup, and add approx—10 drops of essential oil. Wait for the wax to solidify.