It happens that the interior, seemingly created according to all the rules and using the latest materials, looks boring. Why?
Designers answer this question unequivocally: it lacks an element on which attention is concentrated – an accent. Without such a detail in the room, the eye “has nothing to catch on,” so the situation looks too neutral, faded.
The emphasis on the setting is so significant that experts in creating interiors recommend starting with it. The rest of the environment should organically complement the focal detail, creating a decent “background.”
We place accents correctly.
It is good if the accent detail of the interior is immediately visible upon entering the room. However, in narrow and long spaces, this arrangement is not always possible. In this case, it is placed against one of the more giant walls.
Correct lighting of the accent element is another critical condition. It must be visible both in daylight and in artificial light.
There may be several objects in the room that attracts attention. Simultaneously, one will continue to be the most important, while the others will be secondary. As a rule, their task is to emphasize the features of each functional area if there are several of them in the room.
A variety of interior elements can act as a focal point.
Emphasis on the architectural features of the room
It makes sense to focus on the specific architectural details of the premises: why not play on something often impossible to hide?
The area of the bay window can be used as an accent ;
- Underfloor staircase.
If a beautiful view opens up from the window, it can also become an accent element of the interior. In this case, it is essential to create a beautiful “frame” for him:
- Install panoramic glazing.
- Free the window opening from the furniture.
- Choose suitable curtains that do not distract attention to themselves.
If the room is devoid of architectural “zest,” you can focus on one of the walls: decorate it with a contrasting color that stands out brightly against the rest of the decoration, or create a composition of paintings, mirrors, lamps, and other decorative details.
Attention – to the furnishings
- A piece of furniture can serve as a focal point if it has an exciting design, size, or color: a massive sofa with bright upholstery, an antique chest of drawers, an original coffee table, a rack, or a showcase with a composition of art objects, a fireplace.
- Mirrors always attract attention, especially when an original spectacular frame complements them. By the way, they will help to make the room visually spacious and lighter.
- Light fixtures are another easy way to add an accent note to a neutral interior. They will not only attract attention with their unusual design but also allow to emphasize functional zoning.
- To make textilesstood out against the background of the situation, it should be bright, contrasting with the environment. This can be a colorful rug, several cushions with a vibrant print, upholstery, or curtains of an expressive shade.
- If objects of art complement the furnishings of the room, they invariably attract attention. The main task in interior design, in this case, is not to fill it with details that distract attention from the art object.
There is something in every interior that deserves attention. It is only essential to correctly “beat” this object, harmoniously fitting it into the setting.