How much do you need to remodel your kitchen? This is a frequent question among many homeowners who are yet to plan any remodeling project.
Unluckily, the answer to this question is always somewhat fuzzy. No one has ever come up with some figures. Today, we’ll attempt to help you plan for kitchen remodeling by sharing some figures about the cost of kitchen remodeling.
Budgeting for a kitchen remodeling
We’ll come to the actual figures later, now, let’s preview the overall budget for a full remodeling project, not just the simple installation of white kitchen cabinets for aesthetic value. This budget guideline will cover the basic aspects of kitchen remodeling and the percentage of the total money that should be allocated.
- Cabinetry – 29%
- Kitchen appliances – 17%
- Installations – 13%
- Countertops – 13%
- Electricals and overall lighting – 10%
- Plumbing – 6%
- Flooring – 6%
- Backsplash – 5%
- Other areas – 4%
From the budget overview, cabinetry consumes much, thus, you are expected to choose the best cabinets because of their importance. It’s always advisable to settle on white kitchen cabinets if you want a classic kitchen look.
The typical cost of kitchen remodeling
For purposes of cost, we’ll classify kitchen remodeling into three i.e. low, medium, and high.
LOW – $5,000 -$15,000
A low kitchen remodeling is basic. It features the following:
- Use of ready-to-assemble cabinets or refaced cabinets
- An upgrade of the sink and faucet
- Use of inexpensive materials
- Painting is done on walls and ceilings
- An upgrade on kitchen appliances
- Installation of LED lighting
MEDIUM – $15,000 – $30,000
The following are the features associated with this category of kitchen remodeling:
- Requires installers to be hired
- Installation of semi-custom cabinets like white kitchen cabinets
- Installation of new sink and faucet
- A kitchen island
- Using high-quality materials like stone, metal, and wood to replace countertops
- Replacing floor tile
- Installation of high-end appliances
HIGH – $30,000 +
Any kitchen remodeling that costs over $30,000 will have the best features, which include:
- Hiring a general contractor to oversee the project
- All cabinets must be custom built
- Only high-quality materials like granite and quartz used to replace countertops
- Additional overhead lighting
- High-end appliances
- Structural changes that involve tearing down the walls to add more space or increase natural lighting.
Whatever category of kitchen remodeling you choose, always know that the value of the kitchen is mostly reflected in the cabinetry. Choosing white kitchen cabinets can be a great start if you are working on a budget but want to have a beautiful kitchen space.