Do you want to surprise your guests at Christmas dinner? Check out our tips to create an amazing environment to welcome Santa Claus. The ideas presented cater to all budgets and tastes.
However, many of these tips you can do yourself at home; use your creativity. So, learn how to decorate the Christmas dinner table, check out some tutorials, and get inspired with the most different options.
How to decorate the table for the Christmas dinner?
Following some simple tips, you can make a beautiful decoration to compose the table that will receive the Christmas dinner. Bet on Christmas colors, but if you want, you can also innovate.
Value Christmas items so as not to stray from the theme and pay special attention to small details. Just be careful not to overdo the decorations and pollute the decor. Let’s check out the tips?
Make flower arrangements
Want to make your table decoration whimsical? Use and abuse the flowers. You can use them to make a simple arrangement or add leaves, branches, and fruits to make the decoration very lush.
Bet on red flowers or mix colors. You can place the arrangement in the center of the table or in the living room to welcome guests. The most important thing is to work on the details.
Abuse of Christmas colors
The traditional Christmas colors are green and red. Still, gold and silver are widely used in Christmas decorations, as they make the environment more sophisticated and with a touch of refinement.
So, bet on these colors to compose the decoration of the Christmas dinner. Use towels in a red tone and prioritize ornaments in traditional colors. Even if you prefer a more clean decor, add some details in these colors.
Put Christmas ornaments
How about using the Christmas tree ornaments to decorate the supper table? You can place several balls inside glass jars or candlesticks to make the table look elegant.
Leaves, twigs, pine cones, and walnuts are traditional elements of a Christmas table. But you can make something different if you add Christmas ornaments like little Christmas trees, reindeer, Santa Claus, and Christmas star.
Use candles to light the table.
Families usually gather for Christmas dinner in the evening. Therefore, lighting is an item that you need to worry about when preparing the room decoration.
Most end up opting for the blinker and candle set for the supper to have a totally Christmas touch. You can vary the colors, sizes, and shapes in candles and use beautiful candle holders as a candle holder.
Enjoy fruits to decorate
Christmas dinner is not just made of turkey, lentils, cakes, and sweets. Fruits such as apricots, strawberries, peaches in syrup, cherries, dried fruits, walnuts, and almonds are very traditional for Christmas.
To innovate, you can build a tree using a variety of fruits. If you want to cheer up the kids, you can cut some fruit in the shapes of Christmas symbols and spread it on the supper table.
Customize objects from other Christmases
Christmas ornaments are expensive items, and it is not always possible to change the decoration every year. But if you use your creativity, you can customize the objects and turn them into new pieces.
You can use sequins, pearls, buttons, and other glittery items to change the decorations. Also, mix older kitchen utensils with newer ones.
How to decorate the Christmas dinner table without spending a lot?
If the money is short, don’t be sad. Follow some tips to make a beautiful decoration for your Christmas dinner table, without having to spend a lot.
- Buy some ornaments, use paper, leaves, flowers, and fruits, and make a beautiful arrangement for the table. There are several tutorials on the internet that teach you how to make beautiful arrangements;
- To save money, search for items in stores and supermarkets. Pay attention to prices and make comparisons. Be sure to try to negotiate a good discount;
- Right now, less is more. Therefore, using a towel with Christmas details may already be enough for your Christmas table. Just add some fruit and bet on glasses and glasses in the Christmas colors;
- If you’re short on space, bet on simple items like candles, small twigs, Christmas baubles, and flowers to decorate the table;
- How about decorating the table with only candles? Use different sizes and shapes to light up the place;
- You can turn some cups into candlesticks to hold candles. You can also use some glass bowls, add water, and include a candle of your own. To add the special touch, make a bow with a rustic string;
- If you have a glass fruit bowl, add twigs and fruit. Then just put some candles on top. You’ll see how it looks at the center of the table;
- Match the color of the tablecloth to the placemat to make the table look unique;
- Get creative and serve Christmas dinner dishes in different formats. Play with the food presentation to make the environment more joyful and tasty.
01. A mix of different types and sizes of candles is perfect for a more intimate Christmas dinner.
02. A beautiful arrangement already makes a big difference on the Christmas table.
03. How about making a special table for the kids to have Christmas dinner?
04. Nuts, grapes, and hazelnuts are some of the fruits that are already part of the Christmas dinner
05. Prepare personalized dishes to serve the Christmas dinner
06. For a chic and powerful Christmas dinner, use the black and gold colors
07. Bet on a colorful Christmas dinner
08. The gold leaves any environment with an air of glamour
09. Take care of napkin details
10. Sweets cannot be missing from the Christmas dinner
11. Orange with blue: the perfect match
12. What do you think about identifying each guest at the table? That way, it’s more organized, and you can promote interaction between everyone!
13. Make a simple Christmas decoration without exaggerating the details
14. Turkey is the most anticipated dish at Christmas dinner. So, be careful in your decor
15. Plates decorated with Christmas symbols to compose the supper table
16. Look how cozy this table is decorated in white
17A. The arrangement must follow the entire size of the table
17B. Sophistication in the smallest details
18. The drink to match the Christmas ornaments
19. If you choose gold details, the table looks like royalty
20. Make a nice syrup to put on top of the Panettone
21. Prepare a classic table using silver pieces and Christmas colored items
22. Use the piano bench to serve Christmas dinner snacks
23. Make a simple and inexpensive decoration for your Christmas table
24. Want something more rustic? Bet on green and use a wooden table
25. Delicacy in details should make up your Christmas dinner
26. How about making a corner just for sweets?
27. To decorate your Christmas dinner, you don’t need a lot of exaggeration; make a nice table arrangement
28. Delicate ornaments to identify guests
29. Mix lots of leaves, fruits, flowers, and delicious fruits to decorate the supper table
30. Make your guests feel free to help themselves at supper
31. An organized table will make your Christmas dinner sophisticated
32. How about making a traditional Christmas table?
33. Match the furniture colors with the table decorations
34. Nothing like a fireplace to warm your Christmas dinner guests
35. Take your crystals out of the closet and put them on the supper table
36. Golden Sousplat, Decorated Plate, Golden Candles, and Red Colored Items Make a Luxurious Backdrop to Your Christmas Dinner
37. Make dinner with rustic decor
38. Take care of the glasses to toast Christmas
39. Make a combination of white and grey to decorate the supper table
40. Innovate when serving the brigadeiro.
41. Don’t leave sophistication aside at an outdoor supper.
42. The wooden table gives a special touch to this Christmas dinner
43. Put Christmas ornaments to decorate the Christmas table
44. How about making an edible Christmas tree to put on the supper table?
45. Prepare a nice surprise for your guests
46. Get away from traditional Christmas colors and make combinations of black and white
47. Bet on a clean table, using some gold items to make the decor elegant
48. Colored cups can give the air of grace to your supper
49. If the table is large, the arrangements must match the size
50. Break the seriousness of Christmas dinner with funny candies