American kitchens have been a dream of many people. The style, which brought the counter as a key part of the kitchens, is perfect for apartments and small houses; after all, all the available space comes into the account.
And thinking about this type of cuisine that so conquers fans worldwide that wrote today’s post. We will present you with incredible tips and inspirations to set up a small American kitchen of your dreams. Check it out:
Advantages of a small American kitchen
A kitchen is no longer an exclusive place for preparing meals; it is currently in the kitchen that people come together to enjoy a good chat between friends and family. For this reason, American cuisine fell in the taste of Brazilians. This type of kitchen’s open and integrated concept favors social interactions and integration with the rest of the house, especially the living room and dining room.
In addition, the small American kitchen often does not require the use of tables that are easily replaced by counters, further expanding the free circulation area in the house. The counter also guarantees extra functionality for the kitchen, with drawers and cabinets on the bottom inside.
Decorating the small American kitchen
There are a few different styles of American kitchens. Each of them will fit better in one project than the other; everything will depend on the space available and the taste and lifestyle of the residents. Most American kitchens are built on a bespoke design, either by a cabinetmaker or a custom furniture company. But many people build their own kitchenettes in wood, stone, and even masonry, using modular cabinets to complete the space.
For small American kitchens, the idea is to use light tones and lighter furniture to ensure a clean feeling in the environment, leaving the space cleaner and visually pleasing.
Glass doors for cupboards are a good choice, as are shelves and custom cabinets if you are looking for a point in American cuisine to invest in colorful tones, bet on the stools that can wonderfully counteract this environment.
Abuse the lighting possibilities for the American kitchen. Pendants are great options for counters and give a different look to the environment. Another good idea is to use LED strips below the counter or spots along with the kitchen. If possible, set up the kitchen design with access to a good window to take advantage of the natural light in the space.
The American kitchen model with living room is the most sought after, as it brings the two rooms together in the same environment, being popularly called integrated. In addition to optimizing the space, this style of American cuisine uses the counter to create a delimitation of the environments without breaking the visual sequence from one to the other. It is perfect for apartments and small houses, as its concept increases space in residence.
Another good option is to integrate the American kitchen into the dining room. In this model, the counter will also have a sideboard/buffet function for small dinners.
There is also the model of an American kitchen with an island, where the counter is independent of other furniture, right in the center of the kitchen. This type of kitchen can also bring cabinets inside to save space and make the environment more functional.
Check out some pictures of small American kitchens decorated for you to get inspired:
01. Small planned American kitchen with wooden counter and modern patterned stools
02. Small modern planned kitchen with custom furniture; highlight to the pendants above the counter
03. Inspiring small kitchen with marble counter and custom cabinets
04. Simple small kitchen with table instead of the counter
05. Small kitchenette integrated into the dining room with German bench
06. This small American kitchen had natural light in the room, thanks to the large window under the sink.
07. Small kitchenette integrated with the dining room, ideal for those looking for quick meals, and offers special dinners and lunches
08. Simple small American kitchen with pendants under the counter and items that mix the vintage style with the modern
09. Small American kitchen in masonry and wood; emphasis on the industrial style that prevails in the environment
10. Small American kitchen integrated with the living room; the most popular model that exists.
11. A charm in this small American kitchen with yellow and white furniture.
12. Small American kitchen with an emphasis on the different styles found in the environment
13. This small American kitchen looks amazing with the blue hue and the shape of the wider counter so that it looks like a dining table
14. The soft shade of blue marks this other small kitchen with custom cabinets and a large counter.
15. Small modern American kitchen decorated with niches and LED lighting
16. Recessed LED lighting is also featured in this simple small American kitchen
17. Small American kitchen with island; highlight to the project’s wooden dining table
18. Simple small American kitchen also has space for fine finishes like marble
19. A luxury in this small American kitchen with black cabinets
20. Small kitchen in a linear format; emphasis on the contrast between the black of the furniture and the white of the walls
21. This small American kitchen inspiration got a counter on one level below the sink and cupboards
22. Simple small American kitchen in light tones opposite some dots in black
23. Small kitchenette integrated into the living room; the stools around the counter offer a gourmet experience
24. Small kitchen with high ceilings
25. This small American kitchen got custom cabinets and a counter at the same height as the sink
26. Simple small kitchen with custom-made furniture; it’s the details that make the difference in this project
27. Notice that the American kitchen brought cabinets built into the counter that forms the island in this project
28. Small kitchen with island; the entry of natural light and light tones increases space in the room
29. Small kitchen with island; the shelves help to make the environment cleaner
30. Although small, this American kitchen has managed to demonstrate that elegance and sophistication are not measured in square meters; notice the marble counter and the blue upholstered stools
31. Modern small kitchen with custom cabinets in a very original shade of green
32. This small American kitchen bet on the use of marble to stand out
33. White American kitchen with island; a timeless model that is always in evidence
34. Another inspiration for small white American cuisine, with furniture designed to make the most of the environment’s functionality
35. This small American kitchen has the company of an original and stylish pendant, an industrial touch for a simple kitchen
36. The simple and small American kitchen has a masonry counter next to the minibar; highlight the pending ones
37. In this small American kitchen, the furniture fits into a single wall; highlight the stylish iron counter
38. Small integrated American kitchen with an industrial-style influence
39. This small, planned American kitchen was perfect with the wooden angles and the yellow stripe on the wall to contrast with the black furniture
40. Different, this small American kitchen is integrated into the mezzanine by the stairs on the rail; the black furniture harmonizes with the wood used in the house’s cladding
41. Super small, but still functional, cheerful, and fun
42. Small kitchenette integrated into the dining room; the planned cabinets help you take full advantage of the space
43. Small hallway-style kitchen with custom-made furniture on both sides of the room
44. Small American kitchen in a contemporary style and original pendants under the marble counter
45. Small kitchen with wooden furniture and industrial pendants to highlight the modern concept
46. With planning, it is possible to create a practical, functional, and beautiful small American kitchen
47. Small U-shaped kitchen with white cabinets and drawers
48. Another U-shaped American kitchen inspiration, only this time with overhead cupboards and marble countertops
49. Small wooden kitchen; highlight to the counter with clamp feet
50. Small kitchen with custom cabinetry and modern pendants