The rustic decor has gained space in recent years. Fortunately! Since it is the title of the warmest and most welcoming decoration of all time.
Owner of unique comfort and full of aesthetic possibilities, the rustic decor gained modern versions with the popularization of the industrial, Scandinavian, and hygge concepts.
But how to print this style of decoration at home? Do you know where to start?
Except that this is not a problem when you have at your disposal a post (done this) complete and ready to clarify your doubts and fill you with beautiful inspirations.
Before venturing into the rustic decor, it is interesting to get to know more in-depth what, in fact, the term rustic means. Within this aesthetic universe, the rustic can also be interpreted as something aged, rough, worn, with imperfect finishes or even no finish at all.
The natural elements and the organic design (which refers to nature) are also strong marks of the rustic style. It is no wonder, after all, the rustic decor rescues contact with nature and with a simpler, light, and uncomplicated lifestyle.
It is worth remembering that the rustic is a timeless aesthetic concept that circulates freely among decoration proposals from the past and modern times, as is the case with vintage or industrial styles.
Not to mention that the rustic decor is also not limited to country houses, on the contrary. Urban houses have increasingly taken over this concept.
Characteristics of rustic decor
Earthy and neutral colors
When it comes to rustic decor, earthy colors and neutral tones are practically unanimous.
The shades of brown, burnt red, and orange, for example, are a great choice to paint the walls of a rustic environment. These colors still warm up and bring warmth and warmth.
Other good color options for rustic decor are white, black, grey, and beige. These shades form the basis of sophisticated and modern rustic decor.
Wood, lots of wood
Another great feature of the rustic decor is the wood. At least one piece of furniture in the house needs to carry this material in the composition.
Wood connects us directly with nature, not to mention that it still warms the environment and can be used in different proposals.
If the intention is a rustic and unpretentious environment, a good choice is a raw wood, without finishing, like demolition wood.
It is worth betting on woods with a polished and shiny finish for those who prefer a visually sophisticated environment.
Stones, bricks, wood, and bamboo are some options of natural coatings that you can use for the walls and floors of your home.
But here is a tip: first consider the environment that will receive the coating and value functionality.
Damp and wet environments should preferably use materials resistant to moisture. You can even use wood on the bathroom floor, for example, but be aware that care with maintenance will be doubled.
Luckily, nowadays, there are several options of synthetic coatings that perfectly mimic natural elements, such as stones and wood.
A good example is porcelain. This type of coating manages to unite the beauty of natural materials with technology and ease of installation, cleaning, and maintenance.
All rustic decor has a good lighting design. That means soft, indirect, and warm light to end the day with the feeling of being in a farmhouse.
For this, use table and floor lamps, spotlights, and LED strips.
Natural fabrics and fibers
The rustic decor is very sensory. For this reason, it is common to prefer fabrics that are pleasant to the touch and look.
A good option is to choose cotton, linen, leather, and wool fabrics for curtains, rugs, cushions, and upholstery.
Take the opportunity to use natural fibers such as wicker, rattan, and straw in furniture and objects of rustic decoration.
Rustic decoration objects
Every decoration also has objects and pieces capable of bringing personality and adding even more aesthetic value to the environment. But in the case of rustic decoration, which objects to use? Check it out below:
Ceramics are always a beautiful choice of rustic decoration object. The ceramics chosen can be from the simplest, without any exquisite finish, or even the most elaborate. Everything will depend on the aesthetic you want to give to the environment.
Iron pots, furniture, and decorative objects are also a highlight of rustic decor. Bet on them to recreate the atmosphere of the old country houses.
Another good way to complete your rustic decor is with handicrafts. And, let’s face it, here in Brazil we are very well served.
A crochet blanket, a yo-yo curtain, a handmade rug, or even a clay sculpture. These pieces have an incredible potential to bring personality to the rustic decor and still value our culture.
Rustic decor and other styles
The rustic decor combines and dialogues with several other styles, forming original compositions full of personality—great news for those afraid to overload the environment by using only the rustic style.
The first and most notable of these combinations is the rustic industrial decor.
In this type of decoration, in addition to wood, the use of burnt cement, metallic parts, and rustic objects with an imperfect finish is also highlighted.
Another modern way to use rustic decor is to move to the Scandinavian concept. The Nordic aesthetic is rustic par excellence, but it brings a striking difference: the use of white and light wood. The proposal is even more complete with the presence of natural elements, such as wicker and straw.
Now, if your beach is vintage style, rest assured. The rustic decor is a great ally of this aesthetic concept.
Gold-plated furniture and reframed antique objects are the best option. Just be careful not to overdo and visually overload the environments.
Want one more option to use rustic decor? Then try to reconcile it with the Provencal decor.
Incidentally, the Provencal aesthetic is also rustic by origin. Her differential in comparison to the other rustic proposals is the romantic and delicate tone of the pieces and furniture, emphasizing the use of light and pastel colors, patina furniture, and floral prints.
01. Cottage house with rustic decor based on wood.
02. Dining room with rustic decor contrasted by the white lamp.
03. Colorful rustic decoration for the youth room.
04. Wooden floor and lining to make any home cozier.
05. Integrated room with rustic industrial decor.
06. Rustic kitchen with retro furniture to create that country house atmosphere.
07. Rustic decoration for the bathroom with wooden furniture.
08. Home office in a rustic Provencal style.
09. Rustic, modern and cozy room.
10. Rustic decor in the kitchen complimented by the landscape from the outside.
11. Dining room with rustic, classic, and elegant decor.
12. Bedroom with solid wood bunk beds to highlight the rustic decor.
13. Rustic and modern bathroom that mixes the use of wood and burnt cement.
14. Stones and wood for the rustic dining room.
15. Provencal touch in that other dining room.
16. Modernity and rusticity are found in this kitchen.
17. Rustic and cozy children’s room.
18. The highlight here is the contrast between the rustic wood of the ceiling and the furniture of modern design.
19. Rustic and simple decoration in the integrated dining room.
20. Rustic white kitchen with an emphasis on the use of patina on the ceiling.
21. Simple rustic decor for the children’s room.
22. Wood, copper, and ceramics: objects of rustic decoration for the kitchen.
23. The fireplace makes the rustic decor even cozier
24. How about a rustic blue kitchen?
25. Rustic and elegant bathroom. The face of a SPA.
26. Vintage furniture with modern furniture.
27. A rustic kitchen beyond cute!
28. Rusticity guaranteed with wicker chairs.
29. And what do you think of a straw lamp?
30. Between vintage and rustic.
31. Kitchen full of objects of rustic decoration.
32. How about venturing into DIY to create your own rustic decor?
33. Rustic room with a Scandinavian touch.
34. Rustic decor is also about effective decor.
35. Natural fibers and fabrics for a cozy room.
36. Rustic wooden countertop for the clean kitchen.
37. Have you ever thought about making a rustic baby’s room?
38. The rustic decor is good for the heart!
39. That contrast between white and dark wood that everyone loves!
40. Rustic decor has a design too!
41. The worn-out charm of skating…
42. This corridor is a class on how to make a rustic and elegant decoration.
43. Rustic and classic room in neutral tones.
44. The bricks cannot be missing.
45. Rustic decor is a plunge into time!
46. Large windows for a rustic room full of natural light.
47. Rustic bathroom in the details.
48. A charming Scandinavian rustic baby room.
49. It’s a lot of love: bricks painted in white and demolition wood!
50. Rustic dining room that oozes personality.