The decoration market is increasingly standing out with new features. One is the use of corten steel in external and internal spaces. The material is perfect for those looking for elegance and sophistication.
Learn more about corten steel in this post and find out the advantages of using this type of material in your home decor. Please take the opportunity to understand how corten steel can be applied and get inspired by our ideas.
What is corten steel?
Corten steel is a type of high-strength steel; it has a low alloy that resists atmospheric corrosion. Elements such as vanadium, copper, and chromium are the ones that provide this alloy to corten steel when it comes in contact with the atmosphere, developing a protective patina.
This patina protects against atmospheric corrosion, mainly in industrial, urban, and rural climate environments. Corrosion resistance was what helped to name the steel that is Corten.
What are the advantages of corten steel?
Corten steel is a type of material that has numerous advantages when applied to architecture and decoration of environments. Find out some reasons that can help you choose this type of material.
No paint needed
As it already provides rust-red pigmentation, corten steel does not require painting. Therefore, it can be practiced outdoors without any problem. But you can apply a layer of varnish not to oxidize.
Corten steel is a very resistant material. For this reason, it is widely used in civil construction. It is widespread to see buildings, overpasses, gates, walkways, and residential houses made of corten steel.
Because it produces a lower volume of oxide than other types of steel, the coating applied can last longer and reduce the need for maintenance. If applied without coating, maintenance is not necessary.
Corten steel is an extremely durable material, making more people choose this material in construction. Therefore, it is possible to use it for a long time without changing the steel.
Steel is one of the most recycled materials in the world. This is because your scrap can be transformed several times without losing quality. Steel, especially recycled steel, reduces environmental impacts.
Due to its different aesthetics, corten steel is widely used in façade cladding. In addition, the material is being highly requested in indoor decorations for providing aesthetic beauty.
As the pieces of corten steel fit together, installation is quick and easy to do. The most interesting thing is that you can use other types of materials to make combinations when decorating.
How corten steel can be applied
Corten steel is no longer used only for residential and commercial façades. Its use has migrated to interior decoration. See how corten steel can be applied in your home.
You can use corten steel for wall cladding, especially in the living room and dining room areas. The result is an amazing decoration and full of personality.
If you don’t want to decorate your room, you can choose to apply corten steel to some decorative items. Options such as vases, statuettes, and frames are being used a lot to decorate indoor environments.
In the bathroom, it is possible to use porcelain tiles that imitate the colors and texture of corten steel. Therefore, it can be a great option to use this material as decorative furniture.
Corten steel is one of the most chosen materials when making a door, whether internal or external. As the material is light and easy to apply, its use in this area of the house is highly recommended.
In construction, one of the most used materials is corten steel. This is because the material is highly resistant, durable, easy to apply, and has a low cost for maintenance.
Corten steel makes any construction more charming when applied to the facade of the site. It is no wonder that more people are opting for this type of material, and this application ends up being the most common.
You can apply corten steel in areas such as gardens and backyards. Items such as vases, wall panels, benches, and garden tables can only benefit from the beauty and sophistication of corten steel.
01. The corten steel lining was perfect in the combination of walls and stairs.
02. A good option is to use corten steel on the residential staircase.
03. What about this incredible corten steel wall?
04. Look at the perfect corten steel panel to put in the double bedroom.
05. Do you want to dare to decorate your home? Apply the corten steel texture.
06. Corten steel can also be used in home furniture.
07. What a more interesting corten steel effect to use on the bathroom wall.
08. Another option of coating made with corten steel to decorate the bathroom.
09. Amazing how corten steel makes any environment more elegant and sophisticated.
10. Did you know that it is possible to make corten steel floors?
11. The corten steel facade is one of the most used applications in external decoration.
12. You choose materials that mimic the color and texture of corten steel.
13. Look at that incredible wall lined with corten steel.
14. You can bet on hollow Corten steel when decorating the external environment.
15. Do you already know how you will use corten steel in your home decor?
16. How about placing a corten steel door at the entrance to the house?
17. With corten steel, you can dare to decorate the rooms.
18. Do you believe that this is corten steel?
19. What do you think about mixing some materials with corten steel?
20. Corten steel is a great option for barbecue grills.
21. See what a perfect construction made with hollow corten steel.
22. How about choosing a coating that mimics the color and texture of corten steel?
23. Do you want a more elegant exterior decoration? Bet on the wall made with corten steel.
24. Corten steel may be the missing piece to fit the ladder.
25. Because it is highly resistant, corten steel is widely used in the external decoration of the house.
26. The material can be used in the most varied construction projects.
27. Notice how the wall made with corten steel looks perfect.
28. Look at that beautiful, elegant, and sophisticated bathroom.
29. Wow! What a sensational wall made with corten steel.
30. Bet on decorative items made with corten steel.
31. You can even make a cabinet out of corten steel.
32. If you don’t want to attract so much attention, you can choose decorative elements with corten steel.
33. Corten steel made the gate more imposing.
34. In the external area, corten steel is used as a decorative item.
35. Corten steel is a great option for decorating gardens and backyards.
36. Once again, corten steel is being used on the facade of homes.
37. Look at the fantastic structure made with corten steel.
38. The mixture of corten steel and wood creates an incredible effect.
39. Corten steel is one of the most used materials on the facade of residential and commercial buildings.
40. How about creating an environment like this to relax?
41. To make the garden more elegant, use columns made with corten steel.
42. Use your creativity to make incredible structures out of corten steel.
43. Mix corten steel with glass to make the ladder more elegant.
44. If you don’t give up your plants, you can bet on the pot made of corten steel.
45. You can bet on coatings that mimic corten steel.
46. Look at the beautiful structure made of corten steel.
47. Do you think this is corten steel or just an imitation?
48. Corten steel can be used in different ways in decoration.
49. With corten steel, you can even play with the art.
50. A small detail made of corten steel makes all the difference in the decoration.