It is not just a table and chairs that make a dining room. Several other elements must be thought about with care to transform this home environment into a synonym of comfort and welcome. Therefore, we have gathered in this post important tips for you to plan the decoration of your dining room in a snap.
Decorating the dining room: what you can not miss
There is no point in having a beautiful dining room if it is not functional. This means that you must prioritize the movement and movement of people around the environment.
As it is a social area, the dining room needs free spaces and minimum distances between the furniture to ensure that everyone feels comfortable.
For this, a minimum distance of 90 centimeters between the chairs and the wall or other furniture is recommended. This distance already takes into account the chairs away from the dining table.
That way, neither you nor the other people around the table will need to squeeze each time someone needs to pass.
The same goes for opening doors, such as a buffet, for example. With this respected measure, you can easily open and close doors and drawers without hitting anything.
The dining room combines and goes well with bespoke lighting, properly planned for this space in the house.
Start by thinking about the lighting on the dining table. To create that cozy atmosphere, invest in pendant lamps directly on the table.
But be careful: respect the minimum height so that the table is not shaded; not even someone is in danger of bumping or hitting the lamps. This distance can vary between 70 to 90 centimeters counted between the tabletop and the lamp’s base.
Another tip is to invest in directional light spots and spread light points around the room, which can come from either mini lamps or candles in lanterns.
The dining room also needs to be comfortable. For this, have a dining table capable of serving all the residents of the house.
Functionality and lighting also directly affect the feeling of comfort.
Table and chairs: the stars of the dining room
The dining room table and chairs are the main furniture of this environment. But how to choose
First, analyze the size and shape of your dining room. Small and narrow environments are better with rectangular tables, whereas larger spaces can bet on square or round tables.
For a small dining room, the tip is to invest in the cleanest and straight design chairs. But if you have a large dining room, you can abuse upholstered, armchair-style chairs with high arms and backs.
And the chairs need to match the table? No. You can have a rustic wooden table, for example, accompanied by super elegant and pompous chairs.
But for those who are afraid of making mistakes, the tip is to stick with the table and chair sets sold in furniture stores.
Yes, the dining room can have a rug! But here’s the tip: We prefer short pile rugs that are easier to clean.
Another important detail: the mat needs to be big enough to cover the entire length below the table and chairs so that it doesn’t get tangled up in the legs of the chairs when someone gets up.
Just in case, ensure a way to fix the carpet to the floor; it can be from a rubberized model or adhesive tapes.
Types of dining room
Simple dining room decor
Can you have a simple and beautiful dining room? No doubt. For this, the tip is to invest in the main: tables and chairs.
Look for pieces at fairs, bazaars, and antique and used furniture stores. In addition to having the possibility to find original chairs, you also save good money.
Small Dining Room Decor
For the decoration of a small dining room, the golden tip is to invest in bespoke furniture and a color palette that does not overload the environment.
The light and neutral tones are recognized for their ability to enlarge environments visually. Also, try using mirrors. They decorate and also favor small spaces.
Dining and living room decor together
Integrated environments are a reality today, especially when it comes to the living room and dining room. To get the decoration of spaces together right, try to harmonize the color palette between these environments.
The style of the furniture is also another point that deserves attention. Balance design, colors, and style.
Modern dining room decor
What makes a modern dining room? There is no ready recipe for this. But a good tip is to think of a bolder color palette and the composition of furniture out of the ordinary.
That is, avoid ready-made compositions and invest in furniture that conveys personality.
Rustic Dining Room Decor
A rustic dining room is cozy in nature. To achieve this style, bet on the demolition of wood furniture, for example.
Chairs with details in fiber and natural fabric, such as straw, leather, and cotton, are good options.
Classic dining room decor
The classic dining room follows the opposite line of the rustic and modern room. In this proposal, the furniture has a fine and well-marked finish, pieces with a more elaborate design, and, as a rule, a neutral and clean color palette.
Check out the following 50 dining room decor ideas for you to get inspired:
01. Dining room decorated with unusual elements, such as the plush centerpiece.
02. Modern and elegant dining room decoration with an emphasis on paintings.
03. Small dining room decoration integrated with the kitchen. The lamp makes all the difference in this project.
04. Dining room decoration with round table, rug, and buffet.
05. Large dining room with a table for ten seats. Note that the mat covers the entire length of the table.
06. Tables and chairs do not have to be the same.
07. Here, the dining table follows the rectangular shape of the room.
08. Dining room decorated with diamond lamps.
09. And what do you think of a marble table for the dining room?
10. Decoration of classic dining room in neutral and light tones.
11. A little more relaxed, this dining room bet on blue and black to break the monochromatic pattern of white.
12. What if, instead of one, you have several lamps in the dining room?
13. Mirrors to ensure a greater sense of space in the small dining room.
14. When modern and retro come together, the result is a dining room like the one in the picture.
15. Classic wooden table with modern chairs.
16. A chandelier to not go unnoticed.
17. Pictures, lots of pictures!
18. Black and white dining room decoration. The highlight for the retro floor.
19. Let the light in!
20. Dining room with German corner and natural lighting to rock!
21. If it is to bet on the set of tables and chairs, let it be a model full of style.
22. Large dining room matches upholstered and bulky chairs.
23. It went white!
24. Wooden furniture for a super comfortable and cozy dining room.
25. Dining room integrated with the kitchen brings more fun and modernity to the project.
26. Here, the high ceiling allows the use of a pendant lamp of great proportion.
27. Don’t know what to use on the dining table? Spread several pots.
28. Round table lamp… round.
29. The highlight of this dining room is the lamp made of paper.
30. Small, simple dining room decor. The white and wood tones are the highlight here.
31. Earthy tones and natural materials to create a rustic and modern decor.
32. Orange acrylic chairs! A separate show.
33. All the beauty and comfort of a rustic dining room.
34. And what do you think about using benches instead of chairs?
35. The trio of pendant lamps enhances the arrangement of orchids on the dining table.
36. Small, yes, but with plenty of space to show off charm and style.
37. Trick for decorating small dining room: mirrors!
38. Details that make a difference. Here, they appear on the mirrored panel and the pink chairs.
39. Black to bring sophistication to the dining room.
40. Do you want to raise the comfort level in the dining room? Bet on a fireplace.
41. Dining room and being together and very well resolved.
42. The blue carpet guarantees that touch of color for the clean dining room.
43. Brick wall: rusticity tailored to the dining room.
44. Decoration of small dining room valued by the design chairs and the lamp.
45. Simple and unpretentious.
46. Decoration of dining room and being together: harmony in colors.
47. And what do you think of a dining room with a Scandinavian touch?
48. The oval table takes up less space and allows many chairs to be accommodated.
49. Comfort first.
50. Demolition wooden table with chic upholstered chairs.