Until some time ago, the bathroom was seen as the ugly duckling of the house, being limited only to its practical function, without any aesthetic appeal.
But times have changed, and today, with easy access to interior designs, decorated bathrooms have become the new consumption dream of the decorative universe.
And if you also want to see your ugly duckling become a swan, embark on this post with us because we will give you lots of ideas, tips, and inspirations. Come and see!
Types of decorated bathrooms
Small decorated bathroom
Small bathrooms are the reality of most houses and apartments today, but thankfully that size is not an issue. That’s because you can completely transform your bathroom even though it has very few square meters.
The great trick for decorating a small bathroom is to promote the feeling of spaciousness. And how can you do that? Betting on light and neutral colors, such as white, grey, and the Off White palette. Mirrors are also great allies for small bathrooms, as they increase the feeling of depth and space.
Value the windows; the bigger, the better, so natural light can get in more easily.
Invest in “less is more”: eliminate the excesses of decoration and prioritize an always very well-organized environment.
Simple decorated bathroom
Believe me: your bathroom can be very well decorated and simple at the same time. The magic happens the moment you understand your needs and find viable financial alternatives to meet them.
A good example is, for example, painting the coatings instead of changing them. Or even use a wooden deck in the box area instead of changing the floor.
The curtain can be used in the bathroom area, replacing the glass shower. And don’t be fooled into thinking that this is an outdated resource. The curtain has been reinvented, and nowadays, it is possible to find beautiful, modern, and super original models.
Modernly decorated bathroom
The modernly decorated bathroom is the dream of the vast majority of people. And you don’t have to spend a fortune to do that, and you need to understand the concept.
The term modern refers to everything functional; that is, it is there to fulfill a function. But that is not all; modern environments value straight lines, clean and sophisticated design, as well as a neutral color palette.
You can opt for a modern bathroom in the industrial, Scandinavian, and boho style within the contemporary style, for example.
In the first example, burnt cement, wood, and exposed pipes are widely used, exposed bricks, and a color palette that straddles white, grey, and black tones.
As for a Scandinavian bathroom, the tip is to enhance the natural lighting and opt for furniture with wooden finishing in a light tone. White is also widely used, as it reinforces the clean and bright atmosphere. These features are also very present in modern bathrooms in a minimalist style.
But if you like a bathroom with a spa facial, then invest in the boho style. To do this, abuse the use of plants and natural elements, such as wood, bamboo, and raw cotton fabrics.
Planned decorated bathroom
The planned, decorated bathroom can have all the features mentioned above; the difference is that it is made to measure.
This means that furniture and accessories are manufactured to meet the exact dimensions of the environment, valuing and optimizing the space.
Despite the higher cost, the investment pays off in the long run.
Tips for decorating bathrooms
A simple and practical way to decorate the bathroom is betting on wallpaper.
But will it get wet ?! Calm.
This solution is suitable for lavatory-type bathrooms, where there is no direct incidence of steam and moisture.
However, you can still choose waterproof wallpaper or stickers that aesthetically give the same result.
This tip is very welcome for those who want to renovate the bathroom while spending little or even when the house is rented.
Inserts and coatings
Nowadays, there are hundreds of thousands of different types of coatings for the bathroom. The inserts, for example, are still in full force and recently gained new readings, such as the hexagonal shape and the glass models.
When it comes to ceramic tiles, a good tip is to bet on subway tiles, one of the darlings of the moment. Hydraulic tile coverings are also a great option, especially if the intention is to create an atmosphere with a retro touch.
There is also the option of using granite, another option that is currently on the rise. But if you prefer the classics, bet on porcelain tiles. To ensure a more modern touch to the project, the tip uses the coating in versions that simulate natural textures, such as wood, stone, and burnt cement.
You were recalling that nowadays, it is no longer usual to cover the entire bathroom with ceramic. You can choose to use the coating only in damp areas, such as inside the shower stall or on the sink wall.
Still talking about coatings, only this time offers you an economical, simple, and modern option: epoxy paint.
This paint has been very successful in current projects, and the reason is simple: it renovates the bathroom without much effort or investment. Just choose the desired color and paint the pieces.
Niches and Shelves
When organizing the bathroom, count on the help of niches and shelves. They leave everything in place, facilitate the day to day and still guarantee that ultra special touch in the decoration.
You can place beauty and hygiene items on top of them, in addition to room scents, scented candles, and a plant vase.
Baskets and boxes
Baskets and organizing boxes are also in the bathroom decor.
These accessories keep your bathroom in order, in addition to ensuring a reinforcement in the decoration project.
Anyone passionate about plants will want greens even inside the bathroom. So far, so good. What you need to consider and whether the environment has the light and ventilation capacity that the plant needs.
A well-lit bathroom is a perfect stronghold for several species, especially those that enjoy the tropical climate, such as ferns, boa constrictors, and bromeliads. This is because the steam released by the shower gives the humidity that these plants appreciate.
A decorated bathroom is more charming and cozy with wooden elements. It can be the furniture of the sink; it can be a slatted panel or even small decorative objects. Just try to bring the rustic and natural touch of wood to your bathroom and see the difference.
Carpet, towels, and curtains
Every bathroom needs to be comfortable. And for that, nothing better than soft and perfumed rugs and towels. Therefore, do not neglect this element in the decoration of the environment.
Box curtains also play an essential role in air conditioning space.
It can be anything you want, as long as it matches your style and brings good feelings. Here come plants, pictures, small sculptures, a bench with design, and anything interesting for your bathroom.
01. The grace here lives on the floor and in the different paintings of the walls.
02. Bathroom decorated with a very masculine touch.
03. Bathroom decorated in simple and neutral tones.
04. Bathroom decorated with plants needs light.
05. Planned, decorated bathroom. Note that the cupboard fits perfectly on the toilet wall.
06. Modernly decorated bathroom with glass shower and red wall.
07. Bathroom decorated with shelves. On them some ornaments and everyday items.
08. Bathroom decorated with marbled porcelain floor.
09. Touch of femininity for the bathroom decorated in shades of pink and gold.
10. Granite: the coating of the moment.
11. Mirrors and lighting tailored to enhance the decorated bathroom.
12. Apply a different coating to the shower and ensure a stylish bathroom.
13. Sober and neutral tones mark the decor of this bathroom.
14. Small, modern decorated bathroom.
15. The highlight here goes to the fun and colorful color palette.
16. To give that touch of luxury, invest in the composition between burnt red and gold.
17. An outdoor toilet, have you thought?
18. Modernly decorated bathroom has neutral colors and slightly shiny surfaces.
19. The transparent ceiling brings the light that the bathroom plants need.
20. That coating that makes all the difference …
21. White, grey, and pink.
22. Granite, marble, and wood: a daring composition.
23. The sobriety and elegance of grey.
24. Plants inside the box: why not?
25. A decorated bathroom that is pure luxury!
26. Bathroom decorated with wallpaper and niches.
27. Made to shine!
28. Bathroom decorated with a SPA face.
29. Modern rusticity….
30. For those who prefer something futuristic, this decorated bathroom is an inspiration.
31. Bathroom decorated in black and white with a touch of green to relax.
32. A little art for the stripped bathroom.
33. Wallpaper is a simple and inexpensive decoration solution for the bathroom.
34. White bathroom with just a few color details.
35. But if the intention is to make everything white, do it.
36. The chic of marble!
37. Gray and lighted.
38. The highlight here is the color contrast between the coverings.
39. For the pink bathroom to be more modern, add black details.
40. Luxury decorated bathroom, did you like it?
41. Have you ever thought about painting metallic bathroom accessories?
42. Straw baskets guarantee a rustic and cozy atmosphere for the bathroom.
43. The charm of this decorated bathroom is in brushed steel.
44. Natural stones for the shower wall and glass blocks for the shower.
45. Granite and tiles for a retro decorated bathroom.
46. Black and white decorated bathroom: the classic of the classics.
47. Modernly decorated bathroom: less is more.
48. Soft colors for the retro-inspired bathroom.
49. You can always innovate, even when using tablets.
50. Black: the color of sophistication.