Any hostess wants her kitchen to be perfect, clean, and radiant. Only this can not always be explained by kitchen towels, which are so fond of attracting incomprehensible stains, which are not always washed off even with the help of washing machines.
Today we will analyze how to easily remove various stains from kitchen towels to continue to delight the hostess.
If the towel does not look like a disaster, it is quite possible to wash it in the washing machine or try. It is not difficult to decide on which program (or mode) to clean – it is advisable to choose the maximum temperature:
- 90–95 degrees – white cotton towels;
- no more than 60 – colored;
- no more than 40 – black.
Ideally, if there is an opportunity to check the manufacturer’s recommendations for washing, which are usually written on the label (and then cut off by the hostesses).
An additional secret in the suitable powder should be for colored or white linen, depending on the towels available. You can also add stain remover and even bleach, but these products are unsuitable for all fabrics. For example, bright or synthetic, it is better not to risk it.
Soaking is more of a preparatory step for the classic wash from the first method. It comes in handy if the towels are filthy. The question arises as to how to soak the laundry. There are several options:
- in washing powder, adding 100 grams of salt – this method is suitable only for white towels since colored ones can lose their brightness and pattern;
- in Domestos or bleach, which is ideal for the type of fabric;
- Saltwater (1 tablespoon of salt per liter of water) is a versatile option that will deal with tough stains like coffee or tomato paste on white and even colored towels.
This option for getting rid of stains is used after the classic wash if it does not do it perfectly. For this, you need:
- take enameled dishes in which food will never be cooked again;
- put towels or other things there;
- Cover with water and add powder or bleach.
The minimum boil time is 20 minutes, and the maximum is not limited.
4. From greasy stains
If a greasy stain has just formed, you can fill it with ordinary dishwashing detergent for a day. After that, you need to wash it traditionally. It is possible with other things.
5. Japanese – using vegetable oil
This method will come in handy if there is no washing machine or if it breaks down. Surprisingly, to wash things, you need vegetable oil. It sounds strange and a little scary, but many people and works have tested the method.
- Take a bucket of hot water.
- Put two tbsp there. l. suitable bleach.
- Two tbsp. l. sunflower oil.
- A glass of powder.
- Put dry dirty things there.
- Close the bucket with a lid.
- Leave for 10-12 hours to cool completely.
- Rinse items first in hot, then in warm, then in cold water.
It is better to take the powder for automatic washing, as it foams less. If chemicals are available only for hand washing, it is better to take less power than a glass.
6. Boiling with oil
If you do not like the length of the process described in the fifth method of getting rid of stains, then the oil can be used in another way.
They must be boiled for an hour, then cooled before washing in the usual way. They must be cooked for an hour, then let to cool before being passed traditionally.
7. Boiling with soda and soap
Another way to boil towels and other textiles are to get rid of all stains. It is necessary to grate half a bar of laundry soap on a grater (it is better to do this with a mask and glasses), mix the resulting shavings with five tablespoons of soda, and dilute in warm water. Bring the solution to a boil, load things.
After that, boil the contents for an hour over low heat, stirring occasionally. Then wash traditionally.
8. French – from an unpleasant odor
This method will help remove odors if the towel smells damp or grease. Very simple. Prepare a weak potassium permanganate solution (the water should be pink), lather a towel with laundry soap, and soak it overnight in an excellent solution. In the morning, all that remains is to rinse the product thoroughly.
9. From mold
If there is a problem, and even after washing, mold stains remain on the fabric, vinegar will cope with them. You need to soak a towel in a vinegar solution for 5-10 minutes and then rinse it thoroughly.
It turns out that even banal mustard can cope with dirt on kitchen towels and bleach white textiles to a new state. We are talking only about the powder version of the product. Necessary:
- Take two liters of water.
- Add 6 tbsp. l. mustard powder.
- Wait 20 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Soak the towels so that the water covers them completely.
- Leave on for 12-15 hours.
- Wash traditionally.
This option is quite long, but it will help tidy up those fabrics that cannot be boiled or bleached. Even the pattern on the towels will become brighter, and the grayness or yellow and reddish stains on the towels will go away.
If there is no such time for soaking, you can use the express recipe. To do this, you need to dilute the mustard to a mushy state and apply the resulting mixture to the stain. Fold the textiles in a bag, tie and leave for 3-5 hours. Then rinse and wash as usual.
11. From old stains
If the spots are already a week old, then they can be called old. Breeding them is much more complicated than fresh newcomers. But even for such a task, there is a proven and not at all problematic way:
- Dissolve citric acid or hydrogen peroxide in warm water;
- moisten the stains with a solution and leave for a couple of hours;
- then soak in warm water with powder for half an hour;
- wash as usual.
Yes, the method turns out to be rich in actions, but it will get rid of even the eldest and greasy stains.
12. From coffee stains
Coffee stains are some of the most difficult to remove. The Ammonia will cope with them:
- it must be mixed with water in one to one proportions;
- then apply the solution to the stain;
- withstand an hour;
- soak a towel in warm water with powder for 15–20 minutes;
- wash in the usual way.
It is advisable to work with Ammonia in a well-ventilated area.
13. From coffee stains – 2
There is another recipe based on Ammonia. Let’s get rid of coffee and tea stains again. For this, you need:
- mix glycerin with Ammonia in proportions 4: 1;
- Into a liter of warm water, pour the resulting mixture;
- soak towels for two hours;
- wash as usual.
This way of getting rid of coffee stains is more straightforward but just as effective.
14. Silicate glue
Silicate glue is the most common solution for adhering to ads in courtyards. You can buy it at any stationery store, and the cost starts at 20 rubles. And it is a super anti-pollution agent.
Add a tablespoon of silicate glue and the same amount of powder to boiling water (3 liters). The solution is stirred until smooth without lumps. The textiles are boiled for half an hour, then thoroughly rinsed and sent to the classic wash.
Bonus method! How to bleach a towel in the microwave
Recently, an expressway to quickly and easily wash towels even from strong stains without boiling on the stove has been gaining popularity on the Internet. This method works on the same principle as a saucepan – all contaminants are boiled out, but you don’t need to waste the pan and an hour of your time.
Yes, it sounds, everything is very charming and straightforward. Only a microwave oven and a few additional ingredients are required. The principle of operation is straightforward:
- It is necessary to wet a towel and rub it with laundry soap (or dishwashing detergent, if the stain is greasy or the textiles are greasy);
- Put in a bag and do not tie it;
- Set the device power to 400-500 W;
- One and a half minutes on high in the microwave.
It is more efficient to replace a napkin with a bag
Everything looks quite simple (it is), but it is essential to follow the instructions clearly – do not tie the package, reduce the power, and do not start the equipment for more than a minute and a half. The bag is explosive, so a violation of the instructions can lead to an accident.
Please take out the bag very carefully, as it will be scorching. This is best done with forceps. If the stains are not completely removed, you can repeat the procedure in the same bag after it has cooled down.
Secrets of proper washing
Here are two tables that will help you get rid of the stain as quickly and efficiently as possible. First, we will list the main types of spots that cause difficulties for homemakers and how they can be defeated.
- Dishwashing liquid
- Laundry soap
Gasoline or turpentine (also helps with paint)
- Shampoo Boiling water
- A mixture of glycerin and vodka (1k1)
- Laundry soap
Coffee and tea
- Laundry soap
Greens and herbs
- Lemon acid
- Lemon acid
We also provide a list of popular bleaches and stain removers. Bleaches are divided into:
- Chlorine – suitable only for natural white fabrics;
- Oxygenated – ideal for everything (even colored and synthetic).
It turns out that, in principle, oxygen-containing bleach and stain removers are the same product. But when buying, you should pay attention to the restrictions that are most often written on the packaging – at what temperature and what fabrics to wash at home. It is also often indicated how often you need to fly with this product. On average, this is through washing.
How to keep towels fresh for a long time?
To keep the washed towel clean and fresh for as long as possible, you should use the following tips and tricks:
Proper washing and drying are essential to keep your laundry smelling fresh. Towels should be taken out as soon as they are washed and dried in the open air – so they will always be fragrant.
- Do not use kitchen hand towels to wipe the table, stove, or other surfaces. To do this, it is better to buy unique microfiber rags, disposable or paper towels.
- Longer life for a towel free of bacteria is the reason why dishcloth towels should be washed frequently. It is advisable to change them every two to three days.
- It is better to give up terry towels in favor of waffle towels – they form much fewer bacteria and are easier to wash. Terry, moreover, looks washed out after a few washes.
- If you grab hot dishes with towels, for example, to drain the water after cooking, this can severely affect the quality and cleanliness of textiles.
- It is better to iron the washed towels – this way, they stay fresh much longer.
- During exquisite dinners, it is better to use paper napkins to save a lot of energy.
Washing your tea towels is not the most enjoyable process, but the methods listed above will help make it easier and faster. The result will be fresh and clean textiles, and at the same time, compliments about the accuracy of the hostess.