Getting tired of looking at the same old bathroom walls and fittings everyday ? Or are you someone who likes to change things up every once in a while ? Whatever be the case, we believe that you deserve a bathroom that does it’s job while also fulfilling your personal relaxation needs. Bathrooms, though they are the most common spaces in a home, can be the trickiest to remodel; the decor and the fittings need to flow well with the rest of the home while giving the bath the intended look and feel. Lost already ? Take a look at these “40 Amazing Bathroom Remodeling Ideas” for some fresh inspiration.
Bathroom remodeling is the second best method after kitchen remodeling to increase the sales value of your home. The remodel can be either small or large, if done correctly it will surely garner a higher price when you sell your home and even if you do not have any plans to sell anytime soon, a bathroom remodel can make life easier and more enjoyable for your family.
Trends are found in all industries alike, be it fashion or furniture, or even bathroom remodels. No one can pass on a stylish blend of functionality and innovative aesthetics and believe it or not, nowadays trends change in bare weeks or months rather than a year or two as they used to. This gives trend conscious homeowners who are planning to start a bathroom remodeling project, very little time to be updated on what’s new now? and What’s in, what’s out?
A bathroom remodeling check list may not seem necessary, but having one would greatly benefit you. It necessarily helps you gather all your ideas in one place, thus helping you estimate time, cost, and effort involved. As you work, your check list will help you move smoothly from one task to another.
http://www.casinobonusjagd.info/tekohaju/ Bathroom Check List
1. Design: You may want to take your time designing the remodeled bathroom. There are a number of convenient softwares you can make use of. If you hire a professional designer, work with her on this step,and look at as many samples and pictures of tiles, paint, fixtures, and other materials as needed to zero in on your preferences.
2. Permits: With your design completed, you know exactly what you plan to do in your bathroom remodel. You need to get permits from your city or county. If you are using the services of contractors, be sure all permits are in order before work is started.
3. Walls: Moving walls should be your first step if your bathroom remodeling project involves any sort of moving or refinishing of walls. You may want to add a new window, or move a door as part of your bathroom remodel. Plan accordingly.
4. Floors: Most bathroom remodeling projects include some type of floor work. If tub, toilet, shower, or sink are to be moved, you will need plumbing changes. New holes will be made in your floor. You may need new sub floors. This step will probably follow the movement of walls.
5. Plumbing: This part of bathroom remodeling calls for a licensed professional. If you are not a licensed plumber, be sure you have one scheduled at the right time.
6. Electrical: Remodels almost always involve changes in lighting fixtures. While changing a light bulb is simple, adding lighting to a new part of the bathroom is not. As above, if you are not a licensed professional, schedule an electrician for this part of your bathroom remodel.
7. Decorating: Once walls and floors are done; plumbing and electricity are installed or re-routed, fixtures and other parts of your bathroom remodeling project reach fruition, it is time to decorate. Maybe include a plant or an artwork or two to add to the decor. Decorative mirror options greatly elevate the lighting and improve the look of the place.
Bathroom remodeling features to consider
Available space should be your first concern if you’re planning to install a new sink. A good rule of thumb is that the space in front of the sink and its cabinet or pedestal needs to be about 30 inches to allow for clearance.
Sinks can be categorized into either of the two styles, complete sink systems that feature an integrated faucet, spout or handle or sinks that feature three-hole setups to allow you to select your own sink fixtures. When choosing a sink that can receive differing types of hardware, select the fixture first to ensure it will fit in the new sink.
Faucets and other bathroom fixtures
Renovating your sink’s hardware or other bathroom fixtures — such as the tub handles, control knobs or shower head is a great way to give your bathroom a newer, better look without burning a hole in your pockets.
Countertops come with a lot of material choices and, you’ll most likely pick a natural material such as granite or marble, or a synthetic one like manufactured quartz or Formica. Granite and marble countertops, though expensive, are popular choices and can provide an upscale look to a new bathroom. Because they’re porous, natural stone countertops can also be susceptible to stains if they’re not sealed on a regular basis.
Conventional bathtubs come in a variety of materials including enamel-on-steel, cast iron, acrylic and fiberglass gel coat. More exotic options include composite materials, wood and cultured marble. Installation options include freestanding bathtubs, bathtubs installed into alcoves and those installed on platforms.
Soaking or garden tubs are deeper than conventional bathtubs, allowing you to completely immerse yourself in the water. Walk-in tubs may be an especially good idea if you’re remodeling a bathroom to include safety features for an older resident or someone with limited mobility. Whirlpool or Jacuzzi-style tubs feature multiple bubble nozzles throughout the tub, which can provide a nice relaxing evening .
If you’re planning to renovate or alter your home’s shower, don’t forget that hiring a plumber may be necessary for any drain or water supply pipe alterations. There is a wide range of configurations for shower enclosures and surrounds, looking at the bathroom remodels above might help you decide on one.
Nothing adds new functionality to a bathroom like a new toilet, especially if your current setup features an outdated or inefficient model. While it may be tempting, you may want to avoid changing the location of the toilet as it can incur more expense than it’s worth since it would take a significant amount of time and effort to plumb new sewer drain lines.
Lighting and mirrors
Bathroom lights and mirrors are available in a number of modern designs. You can place recessed lighting anywhere, and it’s especially useful for lower ceilings. Pendant and Vanity type lighting setups require a bit more planning, while it is very common to use Wall Sconce type lights on either side of the mirror. You can play around with the positioning and the style of the mirror as well.
The bathroom’s wall coverings need to be durable because of moisture, heat and cleaning requirements. Many homeowners choose gloss and semigloss paint and vinyl wallpaper for their water-repelling qualities while being extra vary about the frequent wallpaper trend changes.
Vinyl flooring and linoleum floors are waterproof, durable and easy-to-clean. Although possible, some flooring choices that may be used in other parts of the home may not work well in the bathroom, such as carpeting and wood flooring.